Tuesday 23 July 2013

Almasi Ziwani

Misconception is in my opinion the worst thing that ever happened to mankind.
And the saddest part about it, is that we are all victim to it. Many a time, we rarely take time to understand, know or figure out the things that make us proud to be Kenyan. We are quick to look away out and about other than within.
Kenya, the motherland is my home and I am proud to be Kenyan. However, I realized that despite being proud to be Kenyan. I have never really had an experience that sets my country apart from the rest of the world, other than the fact that I was born here. So I took a journey to discover this beautiful country. 
My lens and I decided to take voyage to the gem that is Voyager Ziwani. Situated in the heart of Tsavo National Park, it is a serene location for friends and family to take a weekend off and unwind. A place for rest, relaxation and restoration.
Its a 4hr drive from Nairobi and I can tell you for free it's worth the drive. 
After a long drive in the dust and murram from Oloitokitok, we finally got to the hotel. It is a tented camp, and has the most breath taking view. With a man made lake right in the center... and jetty's situated on each end of the lake.
The personnel at the camp were hospitable and that made me feel like I was in a home away from home. Excellent food, amazing service and warm members of staff... This was my weekend experience...
Hospitality....
enjoy
My little island

Some summer afternoon wine

Preping for a sun downer.....

Fun fun fun.......

R&R this is the life

Cautious meal... a salad will do

My decadent lunch... its sinful.... but it was to die for

That's the chef... holding it down

Candle lit dinner....

Evenings by the lake......

My cabin for the weekend.....


N\B this is the first of a three part series so will post the second part in a fortnights time.....(",)... see y'all then

1 comment:

  1. My next holiday spot God willing! May God bless the work of they hands, amazing pics #NumberOnefan

    ReplyDelete