Friday 13 July 2012

The happy camel

Road trips are times to sit back and enjoy the scenic beauty of our motherland. I travelled down to the coast last weekend. Interesting thing is no matter how many times I've been down that road, I never seem to get enough of the picturesque breath taking views. But truth be told the drive does get to you at some point. All you do is keep asking how much longer before we get there.
We finally got there and I took a stroll down the beach and came across some interesting animal. I had the opportunity to meet Halima the camel. I couldn't help but notice her nasty chewing habit and some what disjointed jaw in my opinion. She was adorned in Bouganvillia and was a sight for sore eyes. However she made me appreciate the beauty of being who we are. But more importantly accepting who we are, because who are is beautiful regardless of what people think or say.

Fun facts about camels:

  • The name comes from the Arabic ǧml meaning "beauty".
  • Camel milk doesn't curdle and has a laxative effect if consumed regularly
  • Camels have split lips that help them graze and all eat all manner of things without injuring their mouths
Adorned and looking all beautiful


Pose for the camera... My good side

Smiling for the shot

Happy....

Halima extatic...Too Glad

2 comments:

  1. As usual you make me proud :-) good work and keep up the momentum. God has given you an amazing talent use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are beautiful! camels just give me a warm heart. always so happy and content looking. I found your photos through Google and shared one of these in a blog post I did today. i made sure to add a photo credit with a link back to your site. you can check it out here: http://luckyporcupineco.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/happy-hump-day/

    cheers! Kate

    ReplyDelete